November 25 - 30, 2018
Join us for a relaxing week of yoga, meditation and discovery at Peacock Pavilions, Marrakech's premier luxury hotel set in an exclusive estate hidden deep within a private olive grove on the outskirts of Morocco’s ancient city of Marrakech.
Located 20 minutes outside Marrakesh on 8.5 acres of land, including 5 acres of olive grove, this stylish and eco-friendly abode has been featured in worldwide publications, including National Geographic Traveler, Elle Decor, Travel+Leisure and more.
Designed, built and decorated by American designer and author Maryam Montague and her architect husband, Chris Redecke, the interiors of the Pavilions are surprising and luxurious. Curated with ethnic art and tribal textiles from around the world, the five individual guestrooms, domed salons, and multiple terraces are themselves a global exploration awaiting curious eyes.
The estate is comprised of three pavilions, each is exquisite in its own unique design. All bedrooms have their own glamorous bathroom and private terrace where you can sit, enjoy your favourite book with Moroccan tea or just simply relaxing.
No matter what your level, our yoga classes have been carefully crafted to help you expand and develop your own practice. We will work with you to help you understand your body better and how it works.
We adopt a wholly inclusive approach so our classes are tailored to meet your needs, be you a beginner or an experienced practitioner. So whether you are seeking a restorative session of total relaxation or classes that adopt the more energetic Vinyasa flow and Hatha styles, you can be certain that you will be catered for during the week.
We deliberately restrict the size of our classes to maximise the opportunities for us to be able work with you on a one-to-one basis supporting you to develop your own practice at your own pace.
With the majestic Atlas Mountains providing a dramatic backdrop and the secluded private olive groves of the Peacock Pavilions, we have carefully selected the location to enhance your experience and allow you to be at one with yourself and nature.
The retreat organisers are myself and Mathew McRobbie from B Yoga, who is based in Colorado, USA. We met at The Shoshoni Yoga Ashram deep in the Colorado Rockies above Boulder where we both trained as yoga teachers. We have been collaborating ever since.
This retreat is designed to naturally and gently address the stresses and challenges of your daily lives and to support a journey toward physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
All elements of the programmes are optional leaving you free to decide how engaged you wish to be. Apart from the daily yoga and meditation classes, we are also offering some exciting day trips. However, we are also building in sufficient free time to allow you to choose what you would like to do.
The day trips included in your package are:
- A guided tour to discover the mystical delights of Marrakech’s Medina, a World Heritage site, where traditional craftsmen work to produce every conceivable artefact in a setting of extraordinarily stunning architecture dating back to the 10th century.
- A trip to the Atlas Mountains, to explore the broad valleys, lush orchards and stunning views of Mount Toubkal, the Atlas’ highest peak. The day will include a visit to an authentic Berber village and to the Kasbah Toubkal.
- A day at Le Jardin Majorelle, the enchanted Moorish-Cubist-Art Deco garden created over a period of 40 years by French painter Jacques Majorelle and then adopted by French fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, who lived there from 1980 till his death in 2008.
We have developed a schedule, which is sufficiently flexible to allow you enough free time for you to pick and choose exactly what you would like to do, be that to relax by the pool at the beautiful Peacock Pavilions or take in some of the near-by attractions. For instance, you could opt to pamper yourself with a visit to the luxurious traditional Moroccan spa, Les Bains de Marrakech, for a massage and other treatments. Or perhaps you would prefer to have an afternoon at the luxurious and world class La Mamounia Hotel spa. Alternatively, you could take in a visit to The Kasbah Tamadot, Richard Branson’s famed Atlas Mountain hide away. The choice is always yours
Food and drink at Peacock Pavilions is a central element of any stay. Stroll the olive grove, then taste our signature hand pressed olive oil. Savor homemade jams at breakfast and handcrafted cocktails as the sun sets. For a true culinary experience, dine in our Arabian dining tent—a Peacock Pavilions ritual not to be missed. Delight in menus featuring farm-to-table international and Moroccan cuisine lovingly prepared with Peacock Pavilions own organic vegetables from the garden or nearby farms.
- 6 days / 5 nights (November 25 - 30, 2018)
- US$ 2,350 (shared), US$ 3,050 (single occupancy)
- Deposit US$ 650, full balance due 45 days before retreat start date
- Please read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions
- Luxury accommodation
- Airport Transfers (from and to RAK)
- All meals at Peacock Pavilions and 1 dinner in Marrakech Medina
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- A guided tour to discover the mystical delights of Marrakech’s Medina
- Day trip to the Atlas Mountain & visiting authentic Berber Village
- An afternoon visit to Le Jardin Majorelle & YSL Museum
- Use of Peacock Pavilions' facilities (swimming pool, gym, terraces, etc)
- 3 lunches during day trips
- Minibar in the room
- Alcohol with meals
- Optional programmes (Spa visit and treatments, personal visit to selected venues during free times, etc)
- The journey from many European countries to Marrakech Menara Airport (RAK) is around 3 hours and easily reached with direct flights from airlines such us British Airways, Air France, KLM, TAP Portugal, Iberia, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Brussels Airline, EasyJet, Ryanair, Norwegian Air, Vueling and few more.
- For journeys from the Americas and Asia, usually direct flight to the European countries then separate flight to Marrakech can be cost effective especially with the budget airlines from Europe.
- US, Canadian and most European countries citizens do not need a visa to visit Morocco up to this date. Please check again before arranging your travel
Please fill the form below and I will get back to you with the payment details and confirmation
P A S T R E T R E A T S
JUNE 9 - 11, 2017
KESSLER CANYON, colorado
JUNE 23 - 26, 2017